Looking for a laptop bag or sleeve then you must know How to measure a laptop screen?
Self or Online are 2 free easy ways to measure your laptop dimensions.
Laptop dimensions play a very crucial role if you buy any new cover for that, with the help of these ways you can measure laptop height, width, depth along with screen size.
I am pretty sure you will get here all of the queries answered regarding laptop dimensions.
So without any time loss let’s go into deep and discuss them one by one.
1st of all let’s talk about laptop screen dimensions.
What are laptop dimensions, maybe or not this question comes to your mind.
In the laptop dimensions, we talk about laptop height, width, depth, and thickness.
And the dimensions of laptops are usually measured in inches.
In this article, you will learn all of these laptop dimensions.
How to measure a laptop screen?
Measure your laptop screen diagonally from the corner to the corner, without any surrounding plastic edges.
Apart from this self technic, you can also try with online, simply google your model number.
Let’s explore laptop dimensions deeply.
Looking for How are laptop dimensions measured? then check out these points.
How to measure laptop width
Let’s begin by measuring the laptop width, Place your measuring tape horizontally on your laptop, starting from the left.
How to measure laptop depth
Place your tape vertically on your closed laptop.
How to measure laptop height
You will need to open your laptop completely and measure the height from the bottom to the top to get the exact height.
How to measure laptop thickness
Take your standard measuring tape and close your laptop. Measure the laptop from the bottom to where the screen ends.
I think maybe you thinking about why we measure most of the screens diagonally.
Why do laptop screens measure diagonally?
It’s true that laptops are not the only ones with a screen, but every screen dimension can be measured in diagonals.
The size of an inch on your laptop’s screen is the edge-to-edge diagonal dimension.
The size doesn’t include the “bezel” (the enclosure that covers the screen) that can increase an extra inch to the dimensions.
This means that you should determine the diagonal of your laptop across the entire length.
Other than that, it is sometimes referred to as the physical image size in order to separate its size from “logical image size,” which describes the screen’s resolution, which can be measured as pixels.
An alternative way to measure laptop screen & dimension without measuring it
4 ways to measure the laptop screen without measuring it
Maybe you are thinking Is it possible?
Yes, it is possible you can search screensi named site is the best alternative source for measuring laptop screen size without measuring it.
Apart from this, you can also try searching the internet for your laptop specifications.
measure the laptop screen without measuring it by yourself
You could also find relevant information within your laptop’s settings, even if you don’t plan to search the internet.
The easiest way to get to the settings is to search for the keyword Display from your search panel.
Measure laptop screen size online
You can Measure laptop screen size online with these tricks.
- Be aware of the model number of laptops that come with a specific model number.
- One method to determine without measuring the screen size of your laptop is to examine the features of your laptop model.
- Download Software or Check Online The majority of PC software provides details about the laptop you are using.
- Another way to get the most accurate information is to look up your display on the internet. The Infoblox display size detector is user-friendly.
- Search for the Laptop Online For this, you’ll need to be aware of the laptop’s name is, or model number.
- There are also details about the display as well as other parts on your laptop. Check the label on the laptop. The label contains details about the model as well as its brand.
Apps to measure screen size?
Online apps can also be used to measure virtual distances.
Apps that allow you to convert and calculate measurements online are quite good options.
You can either enter your screen specs such as resolution, and they will calculate the rest.
You can measure anything with the help of this app, so keep watching this video till the end and subscribe to the channel if you like it.
Reminder point for measurement
Things to keep in your mind before measuring it
Here are some things to be aware of:
- The screen’s size is measured from the corner of the display and not from the top corner of the screen.
- Be sure you convert centimeters into inches.
- Be sure to convert the 16th of an inch into the 10th inch (commercial for commercial)
- Always measure the thickness of your laptop when the laptop is shut.
We Don’t recommend this technic, it’s incomplete
Measure the dimensions of a notebook, Simply compare this measurement with your laptop screen.
It isn’t exact and can give false measurements so we don’t recommend it.
Now let’s talk about the Laptop screen dimension
Laptop Screen Dimensions
Inches are the measurement of screen dimensions. They can range from 11.1 inches up to 17.3 inches.
Because of their convenience, most laptops measure between 13 and 15 inches.
These smaller laptops are more portable and practical.
Laptop screen dimension in inches, cm, or pixels
|11.1||28.2||828 x 1792|
|13||33.02||1400 x 1050|
|15||38.01||1400 x 1050|
|17||43.04||1680 x 1050|
You can check your device dimensions or also another laptop company’s laptop model dimensions from this link.
Best-ideal sizes of laptops screen
What are the Best ideal sizes of laptops screen?
The best ideal sizes of laptops screen are represented in 13 to 15 inches. At the low end, compact notebook sizes range from 11 inches to 13 inches.
The largest laptop can reach 17.3 inches.
Some bonus points:
Biggest size laptop in the world
HP Pavilion HDX 9000, around 2007, measured 20.1 inches.
You required a sturdy lap to accommodate those laptops because they were weighing close to 20 pounds.
Smallest size laptop in the world
Its GPD Pocket is a compact laptop that features a touchscreen size of 7 inches It weighs about 1 pound, you can check it on amazon
How to choose the Best ideal sizes of laptops screen?
How to choose the best screen size for a laptop?
When you should select a Big / Small screen laptop? here are some points.
Need to choose a big-screen laptop
- The first and most crucial step is to define what you intend to do with the laptop, and also how often you’ll need to carry it.
- If you are traveling with your laptop on a daily basis but don’t need it for video or picture editing or other activities which require a big screen, an 11-15 inches laptop is a great option.
- If you’re looking for a larger screen, think about buying an office in your home or a second monitor for your office.
- This is how I work and I love it. So you’ll benefit from the portability of a tiny laptop and also enjoy a huge external display.
- If you don’t have one for your laptop, but require a bigger screen 15-17 inches is suggested.
- As mentioned previously you should consider buying one or two external monitors designed for your office at home, home bedroom, office, etc.
- It’s the ideal of both worlds. However, you must be aware of one thing.
- The huge screen size offers an expansive viewing angle and is ideal for playing.
- Since it’s large that you can view it comfortably from the distance.
- In addition, it also enhances productivity and the user experience.
- Large screens can enhance your hobbies and work However, it comes at the expense of portability.
- This is because of the huge keyboard and screens of these laptops. This means that the weight of notebook computers is also increasing.
- If you’re not worried about weight or portability and extra inches aren’t important it’s an excellent idea to increase the size of your screen.
When you should try a small-screen laptop?
- Laptops with smaller screens are typically light and small.
- Certain laptops with smaller screens offer excellent resolution.
- Its viewing angles aren’t particularly great, but the physical contours of the screen are cropped, which makes the device considerably lighter than one with a bigger screen.
- Be careful when purchasing the smallest laptop as the screen isn’t large and the keyboard is tiny.
- Additionally, they are lighter laptops that have smaller screens and consume less energy.
- So if you’re searching for a laptop that is easy to carry around (such as in an airplane, or a store that is crowded) this size is perfect.
Now finally come to the laptop bag or sleeves
How to choose the best & perfect laptop bag or sleeves?
It is important to keep these points in mind when you choose your bags for laptops or the sleeves It fits your laptop comfortably without the need for a separate laptop cover to safeguard it.
- The best method to purchase a laptop case or backpack for laptops is to look for items specifically designed for laptops.
- In the event that your computer isn’t well-known or comes from a major manufacturer, it may be a little more difficult to find specifically created laptops.
- You’ll only have to invest a little additional time in search of laptop bags and laptop cases that will fit the dimensions of your screen.
- Your laptop shouldn’t be moving about too much inside the bag. The laptop compartment is padded in the bag.
- The laptop bag is cushioned to absorb shocks and provides an extra cushion on your laptop. Find laptop bags that have padding in the laptop compartment, as well.
- This can also serve as a cushion to protect your laptop in the event that it falls and strikes the ground.
- Laptop backpacks are ideal for heavier and larger laptops that can be used to carry other items too.
- Strongly recommend laptop bags that have pockets and cushioning.
- Laptop bags that are padded serve as cushions and absorb shocks from a bump or a fall.
- A single of the most crucial items is to ensure that you keep your laptop safe and secure therefore, look for high-quality zips.
- If you decide to go with the strap-only bag, make sure you have an adjustable strap to make it easy to transport.
- Select a waterproof material to carry your laptop. Imagine coming back from work, and the rain is heavy.
Is laptop size measured diagonally?
The majority of laptop screen dimensions are measured on the diagonal.
The display size that you can see in the specifications is measured diagonally, it is not measured horizontally, from right to left.
Are 11 inches too small for a laptop?
Well, it totally depends on your need, if your designer or a professional worker then move to the big screen if your wanna just a laptop for some low work purpose then 11 inches is enough.
How to measure laptop size for a bag?
Go to the settings of the size of your laptop’s screen based on the device your use.
How to measure laptop size for sleeves?
Same as the bag you need to first measure and then choose the right sleeves.
How to measure laptop size for carrying in hand?
It’s simple to measure with your palm if fill something heavy then leave it, and if it comfort then move on.
How do you measure a laptop for a cover?
There are many ways some of the common ways are, to measure with inch tape, and other ways you can search online.
Measure the laptop screen if you wanna buy a new laptop bag or sleeves otherwise you don’t need to measure it.
But if you need then you can by many ways laptops Measure some of the skills online, by yourself, it is not a big deal.