The user initially had sound quality issues with their new AirPods Pro and tried various settings, including the iPhone’s base booster, but the sound remained tinny.
They then found a solution by adjusting the Equalizer settings in the Spotify app, which significantly improved the sound quality and provided a richer bass experience.
This article provides steps to increase the bass on Apple AirPods, including the regular AirPods (1, 2, 3) and AirPods Pro, as well as how to turn bass up on AirPods.
What about Airpod’s Pro Bass?
The text discusses an issue with reduced bass in AirPods Pro after a firmware update.
The solution mentioned is to reset the AirPods Pro, which significantly improved the bass, providing better low-frequency presence.
For more: Follow the steps
Why is your AirPods bass low?
Apple AirPods are tuned for balanced sound with a slight bass boost.
To increase the bass, you can use an equalizer or silicone attachments that channel the sound directly into your ear canal.
12 ways how to turn bass up on Airpods
Here we have 12 effective ways how to turn bass up on Airpods.
1. Keep updating Airpods
Ensure they are updated with the latest firmware. Apple periodically releases firmware updates to optimize the equalizer and enhance sound quality.
While AirPods usually update automatically in the background, Here’s how to update your AirPods Pro firmware:
- Place your AirPods Pro in their charging case.
- Connect the case to a power source for charging, either by plugging it in or using wireless charging.
- connect the iPhone to the internet.
- Keep your AirPods Pro close to your iPhone or ensure they are connected to it.
- Your AirPods Pro will update automatically. Depending on the update, you may notice an improvement in their sound quality.
2. Toggle noise control settings
Try turning off Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). This might sound counterintuitive, but ANC can sometimes reduce audio quality due to intensive sound processing.
Apple’s Adaptive EQ technology adjusts the equalization of the AirPods Pro frequently to provide the best noise-cancellation experience.
However, this can lead to audio issues, such as a warbling or fluttering effect with high-end sounds while in motion. ANC can also affect bass levels, and Apple may change these behaviors with firmware updates.
Here’s how to toggle the Noise Control settings on your AirPods Pro:
- Open Control Center on your iPhone by swiping down from the top-right corner (or swiping up from the bottom on iPhones with a Home button).
- Long-press the volume bar, displaying the AirPods Pro icon.
- Tap Noise Control and select one of the three options: ANC, Transparency, or Off.
3. Ear tip test
If you’re experiencing subpar sound quality with your AirPods Pro, it may be due to the ear tips not sealing your ears properly.
Apple offers a convenient solution to determine the best-fitting ear tip size using the Ear Tip Fit Test, a software-based feature on your devices.
This test helps identify the ear tip size that provides the optimal seal, preventing sound from leaking in or out of your ears.
Here’s how to find the Ear Tip Fit Test:
- Connect your AirPods Pro to your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app and select Bluetooth.
- Tap the “i” button next to your AirPods Pro.
- Scroll down and tap “Ear Tip Fit Test,” then follow the onscreen instructions.
4. Modify EQ for Airpods
Apple recognizes that individual preferences, hearing capabilities, and levels of hearing loss can significantly vary.
Therefore, they provide a feature called Headphone Accommodations, allowing you to personalize the equalizer (EQ) settings for your AirPods Pro.
These adjustments are beneficial for users with hearing impairments as well as those seeking to enhance specific audio qualities such as bass, high frequencies, or midrange tones.
Here’s how you can customize your AirPods Pro EQ on an iPhone:
- Open the Settings app and go to Accessibility.
- Scroll down to find and tap on Audio/Visual.
- Locate the “Headphone Accommodations” option and enable the toggle at the top of the screen.
- You can select from three preset options for optimized sound: Balanced Tone, Vocal Range, or Brightness.
5. Disable or Edit spatial audio
Apple’s Spatial Audio feature is designed to create an immersive audio experience where sounds appear to come from all around you, including above, below, in front, behind, and from the classic left and right directions of stereo audio.
Apple achieves this effect by utilizing Dolby Atmos mixes in streaming apps, and they also offer the “Spatialize Stereo” feature to apply the 3D effect to stereo sources.
However, not all audio content may benefit from Spatial Audio. Some songs sound more distant, lose their impact, or become less apparent when played back with this feature.
Additionally, Apple’s dynamic head tracking functionality adjusts the audio based on your head movements, which can be great for movies but less suitable for music, especially if your iPhone is in your pocket and you’re moving around.
If you prefer to improve the sound of your AirPods Pro by turning off these features, here’s how you can do it:
To disable Spatial Audio:
- Open Control Center by swiping down from the top-right corner of your iPhone or swiping up from the bottom of the screen if your iPhone has a Home button.
- Long-press the volume bar, which should display an AirPods Pro icon.
- Toggle the Spatial Audio or Spatialize Stereo button that appears in the bottom-right corner.
6. Modify EQ with the music APP
You can significantly improve the sound quality of your AirPods Pro by adjusting the equalizer settings, and this can be done based on the music streaming service you use. Here’s how you can modify the equalizer settings for two popular music streaming apps, Spotify and Apple Music:
For Apple Music:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down to find the Music option.
- Tap on EQ from the list of options.
- Choose the EQ setting that best matches your preferences. For instance, you can select “Increase Bass” if you want to enhance the bass in your AirPods Pro.
7. Increase sound quality
You might need to experience better music quality from your music streaming app, but you can quickly improve it. Here are steps to enhance audio quality in Spotify Premium:
- Open the Spotify app and tap the Settings icon.
- Choose “Audio Quality.”
- Select “High” or “Very High” for both streaming and downloading to enjoy better sound quality.
8. Maybe Low Battery charge it
If you notice a decrease in the sound quality of your AirPods Pro, it might be due to low battery levels. To ensure better sound quality, make sure your AirPods Pro is fully charged before use.
9. Need memory foam ear tip
If you’re looking for a better fit and improved bass response for your AirPods Pro, consider using memory foam ear tips.
Memory foam ear tips provide comfort and adapt to the shape of your ear. One recommended option is the LICHIFIT memory foam ear tips.
10. Third Party App
The text explains that third-party equalizer apps can be obtained from the App Store or internet browsers for macOS.
These apps allow you to enhance bass quality while listening to music, whether from MP3 files or streaming platforms like Spotify and YouTube.
11. Try Silicon attachment
You can enhance your AirPods with different silicone attachments that serve different purposes.
Some provide better stability, while others mimic the design of in-ear headphones by sealing your ear canal.
These attachments can include simple silicone sleeves to prevent AirPods from slipping out, and some may come with ear fins for added security during sports activities.
12. Clean your Airpods
If you notice a decline in the sound quality of your earbuds over time, it may be due to debris buildup inside the nozzle.
Earwax and other particles can accumulate on the mesh, creating a layer of grease that muffles the sound. Cleaning your earbuds can help maintain their sound quality.
How to fix the Airpod sound balancing issue?
This issue could be common, a few weeks ago also faced this issue you can address sound issues with your AirPods by contacting Apple Support through the provided link.
What to do for Airpods more bass?
The software-based solutions mentioned earlier are effective but typically apply only to a single device.
If you want consistent bass enhancements across multiple devices like laptops, smartphones, and tablets, you may need physical upgrades.
This is also the primary option for iPhone owners, as iPhones do not offer a system-wide equalizer that covers all apps.
Airpods lacking bass after many tried?
To address tinny sound issues with your AirPods, ensure the microphones are clean from dust and grime.
If the problem persists, consider scheduling an appointment with Apple for further evaluation.
How to boost airpods bass on Android?
Enhance the bass of Apple AirPods when using them on an Android device, despite the absence of some features.
It mentions that the Google Play Store provides several free third-party equalizer apps and lists some of the best options for this purpose.
Some apps are:
1. Flat Equalizer
2. SpotiQ Ten
How to improvise AirPods sounds by Spotify app?
To access the Spotify Equalizer settings on the iPhone app:
1. Open the Spotify app.
2. Click on the Home Icon at the bottom of the app screen.
3. Select the Settings Cog at the top of the app screen.
4. Choose “Playback.”
5. Select “Equalizer.”
6. If not already on, turn the Equalizer on.
You can choose from one of the Presets or adjust the sound using the equalizer graph at the top of the app.
To adjust using the equalizer graph, click on one of the white points and move it up or down.
You can do this while listening to the music to get live feedback as you make adjustments.
The user found that adjusting the 150Hz frequency was a good starting point to enhance the bass, as they needed more than the standard Base Booster preset.
Tips for enhancing the AirPods bass
The methods provided can help you enhance the bass and adjust the equalizer to improve the sound quality of your AirPods Pro.
It’s essential to get the most out of your headphones, particularly if they are a significant investment.
Additionally, if you’re a new AirPods Pro owner, you should explore various tips and tricks to enhance your experience.
Adjusting the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) mode on Apple AirPods Max can provide a slightly punchier bass sound due to ANC reducing external noise interference.
However, it notes that the difference is minimal and may only be noticeable to some users, making this advice optional.
Higher-quality audio doesn’t directly increase the quantity of bass, but it enhances the overall sound quality.
When boosting the bass, it’s essential to maintain this improved sound quality as much as possible.